The Wetlands Education Program is seeking a Creative Communications Assistant to join our team. This individual will work with the Creative Communications Lead and the Wetlands Education Program Coordinator to promote wetland conservation and stewardship within BC. Work will largely be from home with occasional attendance of events, monthly meetings and email correspondence.
A non-profit program established in 1996, WEP is known for successfully delivering quality wetland education across the province. This program builds the capacity of communities to assess their wetland assets and, using this new knowledge, increase community & ecosystem health. WEP’s activities are built upon four core programs: the Wetland Institute workshop, Wetlandkeepers courses, Tthe Puddle Project and Wild Kidz Camps.
- Assist the WEP coordinator in disseminating important wetland news and programming information via Twitter, Facebook and an online Blog.
- Work with the Creative Communications Lead to help promote the Wetlands Education Program through online media and other forms of advertising.
- Interview past program participants to create a collection of stories from wetland stewards across the province.
- Research wetland plants, animals and related news and write fun and informative monthly blog articles.
- Attend occasional events and meetings to document in the form of blogs articles or social media reporting.
- Must be able to commit a between 6-8 hours per week for 6 months.
- This position demands an individual with excellent research and writing skills.
- Should be comfortable, confident and innovative with social media.
- The candidate should demonstrate initiative and the ability to work on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Some knowledge or experience with ecology, conservation and environmental stewardship is valuable. A keen interest/enthusiasm is required.
- Experience with graphics & photography is an asset but is not necessary.
Our volunteer internships are limited and competitive. You have the opportunity to attend our workshops free of charge for certification. Please send an email with your resume and a cover letter describing your qualifications and interest in this position. Quote “Creative Communications Assistant” in the subject header.
Deadline: Friday, April 26, 2013
Contact: Neil Fletcher, Wetlands Education Program Coordinator wetlands[at]bcwf.bc.ca
For more information, please visit our website here. Looking forward to meeting you!